A Five-Year-Old





The holidays took us by storm and while soaking it in, I don't think I really posted direct enough about the fact that Tyndell is now....FIVE!  Wow.  It has flown by.  So here are a few extra Tyndell moments from her birthday in December and the surrounding weeks.  She is really becoming such a little lady that we are so proud of and amazed by each day - in fact, I think something has really clicked the last couple of weeks indicating some additional materity.  I can't describe it, but it's like she really "gets" things more and we don't have to speak as direct anymore.  She understands jokes and comparisons and is helpful and becoming more thoughtful outside her world.  So - here's to Tyndell - we love you sweet girl!  And just so I have a snapshot of her at this milestone birthday, I thought I would add some quick factoids about her:
1. She is not a morning person and tries to find ways to stay up every.single.night
2. Tyndell has the most incredible imagination, always creating stories, describing scenarios of what will or should happen or reliving movies
3. She tells us she loves peppers and mushrooms but never eats them
4. She is diligent beyond all else, never giving up until she can find a way to get things the way she wants or has imagined - this is horribly annoying now but will serve her well one day
5. Tyndell negotiates....everything.  We try not to negotiate with terrorists (I'm kidding of course) but she is very cunning
6. She is a thoughtful big sister, sharing toys and slowly trying to understand that whatever she does, Silas wants to do too
7. I think under all the spunk and personality, there is an introvert because I don't know anyone that loves to stay in pajamas on weekends (preferably, footie ones) and watch movies and snack all day as much as this one
8. She loves cats
9. Tyndell loves the color purple (but won't admit it being her favorite...she how she always keeps you guessing...cunning, I tell ya)
10. She has a sweet soul, praying for friends and family on her own, giving kisses and hugs, and telling you at random times she loves you the most. 
Special thanks to my bro, Brandon for the first two photos - incredible moments captured.  Also - the second two are from a recent shopping trip (for gold shoes which I am still not sure were a good idea especially since falling in them multiple times).  The last one is a selfie we did while watching the Bear Orchestra on Christmas Eve....she is always making silly faces. 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures of Christmas and Tyndell's birthday. We do have another member of the family who stays in PJs on weekends and days off from school. Aiden loves to stay in his PJs whenever possible. He watches movies, plays Xbox games and snacks.

Aunt Dee