| The day after Christmas we packed up and headed out to the coast, first - to drop off Tyndell and Silas with Paul and Anthe near Holden Beach, NC and then down to Charleston come Friday morning to start the Ashlee and Marion Celebration. I have to first and formost thank PT and AT for helping with the kids and keeping them all weekend so that I could be there for Ashlee and attend all the bridesmaids events and relax a little bit - couldn't have done it without them (and I think they had a good time too) and my parents were able to attend as well! Once we arrived in Charleston, Jeff dropped me off downtown for the Bridesmaids' luncheon at Poogan's Porch, where it all began. Luckily, our good friend Cecily and Seth were in town so while the girls celebrated and got mushy, the boys were able to check out the nooks and crannies of the downtown bar scene. All the other in town bridesmaids - Heather, Alicia, Leanne, Elizabeth, Genevieve, and Anne - are a blast so that paired with seeing Ashlee and Marion's best girls in the family made for a wonderful kick-off. After salad, some teary words, and ahem...a few cocktails...it was time to get changed and get ready for the rehearsal. Ashlee and Marion chose Ashlee's church - Mount Pleasant Presby - for the ceremony and it was a gorgeous little church that was a lovely step back in time. After running through the line-up and trying to keep track of all the groomsmen and ushers involved (how many were there, Marion?! I lost count), we headed to Alhambra Hall on the water for cocktails and a lowcountry boil. It was a fun informal affair with some Sumter blues music in the background and the sunset over the water was awesome. Met a ton of nice folks from Ashlee and Marion's families and networks. Jeff and I probably headed in early but we knew the following day of the wedding would be busy. In the morning, it was nice to sleep in a bit, and then I headed to Kings Street to get a pedicure (which also turned into an unintended manicure as well....I was trapped under infrared lights!) and I was late getting to Ashlee's house for a bridesmaids beauty day. It turned out ok since an extra stylist showed up and we all proceed to be sprayed and glued with all kinds of things pretty to make sure our make-up and hair were worthly of Ashlee, who is absolutely flawless of course! Once we finally got ready and arrived at the church, some pictures were taken while the light was available, and before we knew it, it was 6:30pm and time to make things official! The sanctuary was magical during the ceremony with the Christmas decorations and the white and green flowers (sprinkled with cotton from Mama B's farm) everywhere setting the tone of a real worship service. I always like the watch the groom's face when the bride walks out, and Marion's face was no exception and I do believe I saw some tears - so sweet. The service was beautiful, and then we had more pictures with family before heading off to the Carolina Yacht Club for the reception. Unfortunately Jeff didn't feel so well and didn't stay, but it was fun being laid back (as opposed to dancing and tired which is what Jeff and I would normally have done) and catching up talking with folks. After Mr. and Mrs. Moses left in their fancy car after being sparkled by guests, Cecily and Seth gave me a ride back to the hotel where I was shocked that my feet were still alive in the glitter shoes Tyndell picked out for me. Oh I slept good that night! After sleeping in a bit and some breakfast, Jeff and I headed to Myrtle Beach to meet PT and AT with the kids and headed home. It was a good weekend of celebration. Congratulations Ashlee and Marion! Thanks for letting us be part of your beautiful day! We'll be praying for a joyeous marriage for you! xoxo |
Ashlee and Marion's Charleston Wedding
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment