Tyndell Art Update - Jellyfish and Family



I thought a Tyndell art update was in order....we've been seeing lots of changes in this arena lately!  Since we moved to Charlotte, we've been re-doing the kids rooms (well - Tyndell has been getting some new things so that we can use some of her older things for her brother's room), and Jeff suggested that we get Tyndell this cute art table for her room.  I was kinda like - "I guess" when he mentioned it, but hadn't really thought about it.  Well - was he spot on this idea!  Ever since she has had this table with little stools in her room, she has started drawing and coloring so much more than ever before and we've been working on writing letters too.  She never seemed to have a lot of interest before, but it seems she needed just the right space to inspire her!  We've been seeing lots of jellyfish and people sketches lately and these came home from school this week and I had  to share because it's super exciting.  Just the last couple of weeks we've seen her sit down and really just draw something that she says she wants to draw and come up with some really fun ideas.  And then we get to lead the conversation into letters and spelling and it's been really fun to see her progress in this way.  The last one melts my heart b/c it is officially her first family portrait of us - Jeff is the big red one, I'm the purple one, and Tyndell is the smaller red one (if I understood her explanation correctly that is).  I asked her if the other smaller red marking was her brother and she told me that it was not.  Don't you love all our eyelashes?!  Put this under another proud mama post. 

0 comments: