The Captain - 32 Weeks




For those who have seen me lately...believe me...I know I look like a house right now (this isn't my paranoia coming out during pregnancy).  This is warranted and confirmed by the blantant jumping out of the hallway reactions and comparisons to watermelons that I seem to get on a daily basis.  And given that two weeks ago at my midwife appointment, I was measuring 4 weeks ahead, the Captain’s size was causing some slight concern or need to watch me more closely. Regardless of what you want to call it - we got to have an extra ultrasound yesterday to take some measurements, which was nice as you don't normally get to have one this late in the game unless you pay extra for it and we didn't elect the 3D option with Tyndell so that was an added bonus as you can see in all that cuteness above.  And as it turned out, he is only about 1 ½ weeks ahead right now and he seems to be evening out a bit b/c I didn’t gain any weight over the past two weeks (and hopefully that means I’ll feel better and be nicer to everyone who knows how impatient and grumpy I am right now).  So it was just a growth spurt...he's measuring in the 50-60 percentile so he's a good size but not too crazy as we were thinking before.   Maybe the 10-lb Jeff-like baby delivery nightmares will subside for a bit.  I'm not going to lie - this pregnancy has been much harder than with Tyndell.  I didn't have all these back aches or digs into my ribs or punches (notice the fist ready to punch in the first picture) going on all the time with her.  But I guess the Captain is just showing he's all boy already.    Had I felt like this with Tyndell, I wouldn't be pregnant right now!

Seeing his little face yesterday honestly made me feel really excited and able to mentally relax a little bit.  I haven't had much time to dedicate to thinking about him or planning for his arrival (classic 2nd child situation I believe), but I do try to sit for a few minutes just "holding him" at night after Tyndell goes to bed and try to channel some good thoughts his way (unless I pass out early haha).  It's been fun to say phrases like:  your brother, the kids, when we all four...etc, etc and Tyndell likes to tease us that he is really a girl.  Last night she wanted to know if she could give her Strawberry Shortcake ballerina outfit (hand me down from Samantha and a total favorite as anyone who comes over on the weekend knows, read:  important to her) to him.  I'm going to take this as a sign of love for her brother and hope that they are close, which I always wished I had experienced with my own brother growing up. 

Well - Captain - 2 more months....we're hoping that we can just get past DNC in early September even though the official date is later in the month on the 20th.  I just don't want to go to the hospital while all that political craziness is in town. 

1 comments:

Ben said...

I'm so excited for y'all!!! Also, how cute would he be in a little Strawberry Shortcake ballerina outfit?