This past week Tyndell kept asking to go back to Disney, so we decided to do a quick trip up to Orlando this past weekend since we had no plans anyway. We left early on Saturday, checked into our hotel, and then headed to Magic Kingdom. Jeff found this awesome deal at the Disney Port Orleans Riverside Hotel, and then we just took the buses to the park, and got to save on parking. We spent about 5 hours at the park, came back to the hotel for naps and dinner, and then went back for fireworks and a few more rides. I have to say - this was a great way to do it so as to max out fun but not end up with an overtired and crazed kid. Plus - we never get to see the fireworks since we usually stay straight through all day, so props to Jeff for finding this nice on-property hotel! I have to say - it was super cute and comfy too. We started out our park time at Tomorrowland and hit up the Buzz Lightyear ride, which we had never gotten to do before and then did the PeopleMover and the Cars Speedway. The cars ride is where Tyndell proceeded to say "No - I do it" one thousand times until I let her whiplash the car as much as she wanted. It was pretty funny letting her drive it though. Then we headed to Fantasyland which always most crowded and takes some time (and notice Tyndell's change of clothes to her Tinker Bell costume) - we did Snow White, the carousel, Small World (of course), and then hit up some lunch at the Pinocchio cafe. We fast passed Peter Pan right before we left for America and the Hall of Presidents, where Jeff tried to convince us it was fun but we both disagreed ha. That was about the time naps were needed and we took our break. We got back to the park right before the light show on the castle (which I have to admit was pretty cool) and the fireworks (probably the best show I've seen in years...no, honestly!). Then we got to meet Tinker Bell (score for Tyndell Bell!) and Terrance at Pixie Hollow (read: I have a crush on Terrance now) and spend some time in Adventureland (Jungle cruise is SO much better in the dark I have to say!) where we got to ride most everything before heading back to Peter Pan. On our way out, Jeff and Tyndell did the Carousel of Progress while I went for a hot chocolate fix, and then we headed back to fall asleep (instead of driving - yay!). The next morning we wandered around the hotel and then had a lazy breakfast at Mimi's Cafe (we love this place and there isn't one in South Florida) before driving home. Great short mini-vacation! It's nice to hit up the parks in the low season when the weather is nice and it's not too crowded....and Tyndell got her Disney fix for the moment. We ended up getting the super economical Wild passes for Florida residents so we'll probably go back 3 more times before May....what a deal! Bonus was that we escaped weekend rain at home and the park must have made me happy b/c my struggling sore throat started feeling better....almost there.
1 comments:
Yay! Sounds great - I love mini-relaxing vacations - no stress, just family time = great!
Post a Comment