So it's been a pretty Disney-obsessed year for us...between going to Disneyland on our CA trip earlier this year and all the 'family movie nights,' Tyndell has definitely developed Disney fever. So needless to say, when my parents found an awesome deal for a long weekend condo/villa up in Orlando, we figured we should all do Disney World. Having a kid and living so close to Orlando has its advantages for sure because it's definitely nice to do a long weekend up there to get some park time and shopping in, and not have to take much time off of work or worry about crowds. So the other weekend, we took of Thursday and Friday, and met my parents up in Orlando. We did some shopping at Downtown Disney when we arrived (had to scope out Tyndell's birthday and Christmas gifts....this is a plan that started development back in February when we realized how awesome the toy store is up there) on Thursday, Magic Kingdom on Friday, and Epcot on Saturday. Then Sunday, Jeff and I went back to Downtown Disney to get all the cute things that Tyndell kept asking for on Thursday to get our December completely taken care of (yessssss) before we drove home. So before I get into Magic Kingdom, let me just say that Jeff has been psyching Tyndell up for this trip for months so that she kept saying, "let's go to Septembers" all the time haha since she knew we were going to Disney in September. When we got to Magic Kingdom, Tyndell immediately wanted the Peter Pan ride and then we spent a good portion of time in Fantasyland (note to Disney lovers: they are expanding Fantasyland right now and building ALL the princess castles and even though I'm not a big princesses fan, it looks totally cool) before lunch, and then got some Pirates of the Caribbean and the Jungle Cruise in. Tyndell rode 'It's a Small World' twice of course and I'm sure it's still it's her favorite. Jeff got to experience the Hall of Presidents at his sole leisure and Tyndell took a nap in the 'Carousel of Progress' to his dismay. It was a blast and Tyndell was pretty starstruck. I was never a big fan of Magic Kingdom when I was a kid, but I have to say that experiencing it through Tyndell makes me love it. The next day, we did Epcot and definitely got to hit all the hot spots on our list - the land boats, Soarin' (awesome IMAX ride), Figment, and the return of Captain EO! We ate lunch at the Mexico restaurant and then Jeff, Tyndell, and I managed to stroll through the world circus before a storm hit that evening. We were super lucky with weather up there - we missed all the little storms while waiting in lines inside for the most part. Anyway - it was a great time and I'm pretty sure Tyndell's love for Toy Story and Tinker Bell has been solidified. Thanks Mom and Dad for inviting us on a great mini-cation!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment