And Family Prepares for a Girl!


Mom and Dad A. came down to visit us this past weekend and are staying for the whole coming week! We are all getting prepared for a little girl! Hooray! It's nice knowing the gender so we can get things prepared, such as the nursery. Jeff and I found out at 16 weeks surprisingly and had it reconfirmed this past week - now we are on week 22. It's amazing how fast the pregnancy has been going - and amazing how fast this little one grows. The other amazing thing is how random people feel free to say things like, "Wow - you are huge already! How are you going to make it to January?!" hmmm....awesome comments. So - as you can see - our house is a construction zone right now. Jeff and his dad have been working to flatten the ceiling away from its former popcorn-ness. And this week we will paint (a sweet tangerine color) and put in bamboo floors and crown moulding! They've also been re-wiring the room and hallway b/c for some reason, in 1978, it was cool to jimmy wire fans. How safe for my future daughter! ? Mom's job is to keep the pups out of the way of all the tools haha. Anyway - I will try to do some room updates as things progress - we are going for a "tree" theme - you will come to find out.
As a side comment - I just want to say that we've been fighting our internet/cable provider for the past 5 weeks and haven't had internet for a while so blogging and facebooking have been a bit null for us. Hopefully - the fix that happened yesterday won't hinder us any more. We are so addicted to the internet - you take it for granted having all this information available to you - and then poof! it's not working and drives you insane.
As another side comment - it's amazing that Jeff's parents are here with us - we've been praying his dad through several hospital visits and close calls the past month, but as you can see, he looks great and wanted to come down to help us out. We couldn't be more blessed! Thanks to everyone who has been thinking of him!

5 comments:

Chad and Allison Nicholson said...

yaaaay!! I'm so happy to see Dad A. doing well! I know he's probably really glad to be there having a hand in the little girl's room!
And Brooke! yes! thanks for the belly pic! You look awesome! seriously, absolutley beautiful! I can't wait to meet her!
Love you!

Shannon said...

Brooke! You are so cute and beautiful and all that you should be!! Thanks for sharing! Oh, and yay for a girl!

Laura said...

Now YOU are what a pregnant woman should look like - no ghastly greenish tint to your face, no illness, a SMILE! I love it. YOu look great. And I can't wait to see pictures of the nursery - yes!

Laura said...

I'm not sure if I've said it, but I think it's GREAT that you're having a girl. I need to send you something Mexicanish for her - YES!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the belly pics!!! Yeah! What a hot mom! -Kendra