Usually I try really hard to be positive, but this week has gotten Jeff and I down a bit so I'm using the post this week to selfishly vent. So - these are things that have unusually gone wrong this week: the lawn mower broke, Jeff's tires went out (yes - all four had to be replaced), I got in a car accident during Tropical Storm Faye (but I'm ok and the car is ok too and have to do traffic school like a criminal), one of my dear girlfriends lost her dear baby at 3 months in her pregnancy, the saxophonist, Leroi, from DMB died (such a loss), I fell in mud at the construction site and had to hose myself off and wear squishy wet pants all day, and Dad Ahrens had to go back to the hospital last night (although hooray for Mom for performing CPR! She's a hero! We're just sad it came to that after he got out of the hospital last week). It's so strange all this happened just over a few days' time, so I am begging for positive comments from this post from anyone that may read this in order to offset my negative thoughts. I'd much rather focus on all the good things and blessings in all your lives than getting bogged down in this stormy week in South Florida.
Oh - and I apologize for not posting a belly photo yet - I've had many requests. To be honest - I've been too self-concious to do it, but I'll get over it soon, I promise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
BROOKE! I am so glad I checked your site tonight - I haven't had time in so long, but tonight I feel like God just said - Hey, check Brooke's site. This sounds like it has been just a horrible week all around - how is Jeff's dad today? I can't imagine how hard that was for his mom. And all this other stuff too, all at once - are you sure you're ok after your accident? Maybe you guys could plan some quality time at home this weekend, just sitting around and reading or something, to unwind and reconnect. I can't believe you have had to deal with all of this at the same time - thanks for telling us so we can pray about things. I love you!
Hi Brooke! I am sorry about everything going wrong last week....I hope this week is tons better!!
hey brooke, i'm so glad I checked your site. kinda the same as laura, i just had a thought to check it. what a terrible time. i completely understand and hate it for you both. please keep us posted on jeff's dad. we have been praying for him. ok, i won't dwell on the negative. the positive is that you and jeff are crazy about each other and have been provided for and have each other and God to see you through anything. that is a promise. oh, and I love you both TONS!.
oh brooke! i'm sorry to hear about all the bad stuff this week...and that IS a lot of bad stuff. keep us updated on jeff's dad!
good things: the baby in your belly, having an amazing husband, amazing friends, awesome curly hair, a hot preggo bod, amazing friends (oh, did I already say that?) and, yes, SC gets torrential rain too (like right now for example)
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hoping this has been a better week for you last week definitely sounds like a LOT emotionally. I'm glad Jeff's dad is doing better and you are right; his mom is the woman!!!
Girl, you need to take a belly photo...it's a beautiful thing..nothing to be conscious of!!!
Post a Comment