Preschool Arts Lab for the Hornets










I was fortunate to be able to join Tyndell's class, "The Hornets," from First Presby CDC on their fieldtrip to the preschool arts lab at the Community School for the Arts in Spirit Square today.  I still am not sure how I worked this into my schedule because between work deliverable schedules this month being crazy and packing for our move (whoa - next week! yikes!), it's been a blur.  This morning was a welcome break to help the kids with their morning snack, walk through uptown from the school to the art lab, and back again.  And I have to say that I was really impressed with the art lab program - it was so fun how they got all the students to pay attention, get involved, and have a good time relating a story to the crafts.  We read the story, "CarWash," about some kids that go through a carwash and imagine that all the sponges and water and bubbles are really an underwater ocean world to explore.  So the kids were doing all kinds of crafts like making dirty tracks with trucks and ink pads, collages of car materials, an ocean mural, creating sea creatures, etc.  Totally fun.  Needless to say we are loving this new school for the kids.  They have been adjusting so well and it has exceeded our expectations. 

0 comments: