








I just love Thanksgiving....I get so excited about it each year. It's my favorite. I was so happy that Jeff and Tyndell came back on Wednesday from their Disney trip so that we could be together for Thanksgiving. We were going to host at our house this year but as it turns out, with my brother Brandon not feeling well, we relocated to my parents house so that he could rest more (and blast! he was napping during the family picture...oh well). The day was spent cooking and being lazy in the kitchen and watching the Macy's parade....and drinking some wine together of course. Then we loaded up our goodies (mac & cheese, mashed potatoes, green beans, pumpkin cheesecake, and chocolate pecan pie) and went to my parent's house to join the other Tyndell/Makres folks for a delicious meal and the inaugural viewing of Christmas Vacation. I'm so thankful that we could all be together for Thanksgiving this year - it's been a long time coming and I've missed this over the years when we couldn't all celebrate together. We did of course miss Drew and Rhiannon though. Next year the kids table will be reincarnated as originally planned! The majority of the rest of the weekend, we were very lazy; catching up on sleep, cleaning the house, and getting out the Christmas decorations. I think we only left the house one other time and it was just for an hour or so. We felt so rested after several lazy days. Check out the sweet lazy boys!
The day after Thanksgiving, Silas turned three months' old....and he seems to be working his way out of the reflux issues I've mentioned before...and he may even be starting to sleep for longer stretches at night with this change. It's been nice being able to lay him down in his crib a little more often now since the spitting up/gas isn't as problematic. He is still such a chill wonderful boy. We even went to the mall together while Jeff and Tyndell were out of town and just walked around for like 4 hours. I could never do that with Tyndell when she was a baby - lights and noise always upset her. But he slept and have a great time walking around. He picked out some really nice presents for Jeff and Tyndell ;) We are enjoying him so much to say the least....it's going by so fast! We all just adore him so much.
Hope all your Thanksgiving holidays were as restful and joyful as ours! Let the Christmas music begin!
1 comments:
Silas is getting so big already.
Aunt Dee
Post a Comment