






Well - I have been back at work now for almost a full 3 weeks...it's been tough adjusting back and it wouldn't be possible without the help of my parents (could I ever thank them enough?!). So - that being said, obviously this post is overdue (well...and I had to figure out how to download from the hand-me-down camera/new camera to us from Jeff's parents - yay! - to iPhoto) since these were taken right before I went back to work. The last week I was at home with Silas was really the only week of my 6 weeks with him that we were able to get out of the house since it became ok from the Dr's orders. So - one day that week, I met my cool friend Allison and her and sweet Rigby showed us the McAlpine Greenway, which was beautiful. Who knew this existed in Charlotte? And I got to introduce Silas to wetlands for the first time. It such a lovely day...good chats...pumpkin spice lattes....perfect Fall weather....lovely walking paths/boardwalks. Love you Allison! The the last weekend before work started, we got to see more great friends! Our Florida friends, Kaitlyn and Sean, were driving up to NY and stopped by our place on the way up. We were able to get out with them to dinner the one night they were in town to catch up, have some delicious food (at one of our favs - The Cowfish), and laugh lots. The next day - Saturday - Olivia and Amelia paid us a visit and took Silas' newborn pictures. We had so much fun hanging out getting some shots and the girls had fun holding him too. I have to say that Silas looks like he is about to fall when he is in their arms even though they have their hands all over him....I'm not sure he trusts those girls. Amelia was so sweet and mesmerized by him...she loves her some babies for sure.
Anyway - I fully enjoyed maternity leave...even though the sleepy, jaundice days were tough and teaching/learning breastfeeding was tough...it was all worth it. I could have used a couple more weeks but so is life and life is busy. I will forever cherish this time that Silas and I were able to share together in the early days!
0 comments:
Post a Comment