Two BIG Announcements!








So here's how the last month went (and this explains the lack of posting for several weeks): We found out we're expecting Baby #2! Hooray! And then 24 hours later, Jeff's company asked him to consider relocating to their Charlotte, NC office....wha?! So yes - TWO BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS for this month for us. We are literally moving up (north) and out (belly).

So far, we've had two appointments with my wonderful midwife (who I'm already missing) and the baby looks great and right on target. We actually heard the heartbeat today too which is so precious. I am 11 weeks right now so that means we're due on September 20th. I totally look farther along (everyone "claims" this is normal for the subsequent pregnancies), so we had to start telling those peeps in our immediate surroundings a couple of weeks ago because it was so obvious. Tyndell tells everyone that this baby's name is Captain Hook. I'm not sure how to take this considering how much she loves Peter Pan, however, he is the bad guy. She seems pretty excited actually and likes to give my belly kisses. This pregnancy has already been so different and unfortunately I've been much more sick and tired than I was with Tyndell....that first trimester grossness is definitely there and dragging on. Three-o-clock forward is rough so hopefully it will clear up soon.

And as for moving, we are targeting May...mainly because Jeff's company wants him up there to start the new position and well....I do not want to be moving/settling in when I am HUGE! So right now we are chaotic thinking of all the things you have to think to move. My company is trying to work it out so that I can transfer to our Charlotte office too, so everything seems to be working out. The main chaos is beginning to navigate the joys of a short sale so that we can sell our house. Pray for that please :)

Big year ahead and big changes for us but we are trusting that while all this may be crazy in the short term, we believe/feel that long term, this will be a good move for us and especially think this may be a better place to raise our kiddos. We are also looking forward to being a little closer to some wonderful people and family that we normally do not get to see that often, so this will make that easier. Even my parents are planning to move up too - how wonderful is that?! I hate to admit that I'm already looking forward to Christmas so that we can enjoy our cute little 4-person family together and feel settled.

1 comments:

Laura said...

I love this - such a cute way of sharing the big news - and, I love you and can't wait to have you nearer. I think it's great that you and Allison will be in the same town - that's so awesome!