DAM!


It's well overdue for a nerdy post! I got my issue of Civil Engineering magazine recently and THIS was on the cover! This picture of the by-pass road around the Hoover Dam is a project that my company, HDR, worked on the design and construction. Even though I actually don't like transportation related projects much, nor did I work on this project myself, just seeing this make me realize how lucky I feel to be to 1. have a stable job in this economy, and 2. work for a company that does cool stuff like this! I remember visiting Hoover Dam when I was 9 years old and just being amazed. We took the Dam Tour (hehe) and seeing all the thought that goes into such a massive structure is super impressive. Kinda makes you nerdy proud.

2 comments:

Laura said...

YES!!! NERD POWER!!! That is very cool.

Krissi said...

I saw it a year and a half ago partially completed and it was amazing.