Cool Inflatable Bladder




I usually keep this blog pretty light and more about our personal lives but every once in a while I get excited about some of my nerdy work stuff and cannot help but share - I feel really blessed to have a cool job that I enjoy and it hopefully makes a difference in the local environment.


My company got involved in procuring, installing, and maintaining a temporary water inflatable dam on a canal this past month. I've included a picture during the installation (you just float the "balloon" out on the water, hook up to a small diaphragm water pump, and bam!), one on how it looks in final placement, and one of me walking on it (very cool sensation). We installed this feature so that we could increase the water elevation of the canal we were pumping into without changing the existing weir. The dry season has been so harsh on the water needs for a local agricultural district that we've need to assist with some pumping operations and this is a temporary feature that we put into place to help out. Very cool technology. These are the types of things that are being used more and more for disaster relief after hurricanes and earthquakes to dewater locatiosn for inspections, so it was cool to learn about something so relevant to today's news.

0 comments: