>
The other weekend, Jeff, myself, Tyndell, and my parents flew up to Delaware for Jeff's Dad's SURPRISE 65th Birthday party! We started the weekend off with a nice lunch on the waterfront and then went on a really cool train/hay ride during the evening (Tyndell kept saying "doo-doo!" i.e. Choo-Choo!) on the Wilmington-Delaware Railroad. The next day we got to catch a glimpse of Kaitlyn's soccer game before getting ready for the party - and surprisingly to us - Dad WAS, in fact, surprised (Keeping secrets is pretty rare in this family)! He had no idea and had a great time catching up with lots of friends during the evening. Unfortunately, my camera battery died at the party and I didn't get that many shots (so Smith family - sorry you aren't on here - I blame technology!) of everyone that I wanted. Thankfully, I did get a pic of the amazing "tool cake" that Mom designed prior to everyone digging in! The next day, we managed to find a few hours to visit Longwood Gardens' Conservatory which is super beautiful. As you can see - lots of great fun was had that weekend....including the fun joke played on Dad with the gorilla sign placed on the front lawn with coordinating animals. Needless to say, Tyndell had fun kissing all the birthday chickens and cows. And yes - Elmo was in tow the whole weekend and he also enjoyed the lovely flowers at the Conservatory.
1 comments:
It was so much fun seeing all of you. Despite seeing Tyndell on Skype weekly you don't get an appreciation for how much she is developing until you see her in person. It was nice getting so much of the family together and the weather cooperated pretty well. I enjoyed my day with your parents at Hagley museum and of course the party was over the top. It was so nice to see friends I hadn't seen for awhile. I heard many good comments about the party and want to thank each and every one of you for your contributions to make it such a success. Jeff's slideshow was fantastic!!! Love, DAD A.
Post a Comment