Fire Down Under



I don't know if any of you have been hearing about all the fires in Australia right now but I got this email forward that I just felt like stealing/commenting on b/c the pictures are so cool and adorable. Apparently - the koalas are coming into the residential areas like crazy to get away from the fires. The funny thing is that koalas don't really drink water - they get all they need

from eating leaves, but the fires have been so drastic that they are thirsty! People are helping them out and getting them water - I think it awesome how people can become compassionate like this in a drastic time. If this happened in America, I'm not sure there would be pictures circulating of people helping animals, I think the news would say how they are invading OUR space and we have to get rid of them. The truth is that we invaded all their spaces.

Oh well - regardless of how you feel about it - the pictures are cute! Special shout out to my old timey BFF from when we were kids - Shannon - enjoy!!!

1 comments:

Shannon said...

I did enjoy! I can't wait to show Grace when she wakes up from her nap! Thanks for sharing....I want to get out my water bottle too!!!