So yesterday officially marked one month with Tyndell since it was January 10th. I'm not sure if we count months by every 4 weeks or by the date. Either way - we are so excited that we've had this precious child for the past month - it's been so amazing. We managed to get out for a bit yesterday and enjoy the beautiful day. My parents and I went to the downtown Delray green market for a bit - Tyndell learned all about vegetables and local commerce haha. Then we went to Starbucks and out to Boston's on the Beach (famous Delray restaurant on the beach) for lunch where Jeff met us.
As some of you know that have been following my facebook posts - this week Tyndell also learned to breastfeed which makes life and time so much more flexible! I don't have to worry about warming bottles and pumping every three hours like I have been doing - we can just hang out, feed, and go where we want. I feel like a free woman (in a sense!). We are still figuring out the logistics (i.e. using the breastfeed cover in public so no one actually sees any secrets...) but she pretty much has it down pat which is awesome and can also still take a bottle every once in a while if needed and not be confused by it. I'm really enjoying my time at home with her - especially since the first couple of weeks after her birth we didn't get that quality bonding time since she was in the hospital - I feel like the past week has really made up for the lost bonding time. I'm also going to give a shout out to my great friend Cecily, who gave me the baby sling that you see in the market picture! This thing is awesome - makes carrying Tyndell out and about SO easy and comfortable. She'll sleep the whole time she's in it. The other cool thing about that picture is that I am wearing pre-pregnancy jeans! Wahooo! It was a great feeling to be able to fit into them again!! I mean - they are stretchy but it still felt good. It's the little things in life!
4 comments:
Glad to hear things are working out so well. Tyndell is a pretty baby. The picture you posted on Jan. 2nd is really cute.
Aunt Dee
I'm glad to know Tyndell is learning about local commerce so soon!...oh, and Starbucks.
I'm so happy you're out and about with her and that breastfeeding is going well! yay!
love you!
wow! you live in such a beautiful place! I'm so glad you are enjoying life with a newborn! It only gets better. I also want a sling but don't have any idea what kind.....I'd love it if you could tell me what kind yours is and any advice about choosing one! :)
Hi precious pants - how are YOU!? How is Jeffrey Effrey - and how, is, TYNDELL??? I want to squeeze her. Are you back at work soon? Surviving? Did I tell you that we have the girls in preschool every day from 8-12 - it is hard to do but they are learning a lot and liking it ok. And teaching is good. Love, Me
Post a Comment