
One of my co-workers looked out the window today and down below our office, in the canal in the middle of West Palm Beach, was a Roseate Spoonbill! I was so excited! I have never seen one of these protected birds outside of zoos and from what I hear, they are very rare in this area of Florida - usually seen in Tampa or further south in the Everglades. It was amazing to see this one just hanging out on its own so I had to find a cool photo of one online to share my excitement. Jeff and I have a photograph of one in our family room that we found at a local festival but it was so interesting to see this beauty in the urban wild! It is a great lesson that nature can find a way to survive.
2 comments:
Beautiful! My daughters would agree that any bird that's pink is awesome! Grace loves "mingos" (flamingos)
Wow! That IS amazing! I agree...seeing animals in the wild (that you normally see in zoos et.) is priceless...just a reminder that God's reach goes so far beyond the hand of man.
Post a Comment