
So Jeff and I celebrated our 5th Anniversary this past weekend! It's amazing how time flies - but it's really fun to look back at all the good times we've had together. Well - we got a big suprise in the mail this week (well - there were several - but this is one that some of you that might have gone to our wedding will relate to) - my parents got our family friend, Cher, to paint where Jeff and I had our wedding! I've always wanted one of her paintings and it's even better that it is a landscape that is so personal to us. Thanks Mom and Dad! We love it! The cool thing is that we found out when we visited Sky Valley, GA last winter that the ski lodge where our reception was held is going to be torn down - so now we have the whole scene captured before it goes away. They aren't going to tear down the chapel though - thank goodness! One of the other suprises is that Jeff got me/us some furniture to go in an empty space in our house and the painting goes with it perfectly! We call it our decision making/chess playing/reading nook. I FINALLY suprised Jeff with a present too - probably the first time I've been able to do that - and gave him a custom made dulcimer! Of course he was playing it like a pro within 30 minutes.
Anyway - it's been great to be married for 5 years - good memories. It's the joy of my life for sure.
4 comments:
Congrats on your anniversary! It looks like ya'll have sure been through alot together and alot more to come, I'm sure.
Shannon
Oh, that is a great story - your parents are awesome. Notice the WOOD framing around the painting too - very appropriate!
Congratulations! and what a beautiful painting to remember such a beatiful moment...it's sad that that place is being torn down :( it was awesome! Cool about the dulcimer too! awesome gift! love you!
oh, and how much would a painting like that cost someone????????????
Post a Comment