Memories and Scary Moments







Yeah...I haven't been updating lately, so I figured we will be gone this weekend, so I should probably do that. Last weekend the The German and his fiance, Polina, were in town, so we rented a boat on Saturday...it was super fun. Of course we had to go out on Boca Lake again and do some chillin'. The other great thing was that our other good friend from grad school, Danny, and his girlfriend Diane, was also in town so we met up at the beach on Sunday (group shot above). Patrick and Danny probably hadn't seen each other since Danny left Houghton for Peace Corps Panama so the weekend was full of good memories! Notice how Jeff is also representing the Tigers well with his hat!

So...the craziest thing ever happened on Monday when I came home. I went to look out one of the family room windows and turned my head to look at our dead bonsai tree, and there was a snake sitting there in the pot! How does a SNAKE GET IN A POT ON TOP OF A PLANT STAND INSIDE THE HOUSE!!! I was so freaked out. Jeff morphed into the Crocodile Hunter, got a pair of kitchen tongs and a pillow case, and captured the intruder for release in the yard. So of course we got pictures! Florida is getting a little too weird even for me!

2 comments:

J & Elizabeth said...

Yikes! Snakes in the house are no good. However, it looks like you had a fun time at the beach, you're so tan!

Laura said...

That is really really weird about the snake. Very strange. I wonder how the dogs reacted? I think dogs are usually really afraid of snakes. I am glad he didn't escape Jeff's expert snake handling skills.