Galactic Explosion

Alright! I have gotten several comments/complaints that I haven't been posting, and well...there just hasn't been much going on! Plus, Jeff keeps the camera in his car at all times so we haven't been taking pictures. WEAK. I know. I know. The most exciting thing that has happened to us was this past Friday night. We went to see the band, Galactic, in Fort Lauderdale, and the first set was going so beautifully until a MONSOON hit! Well, Galactic had to take a break to cover their instruments from the rain, and we waited and waited for it to stop...until...a transformer exploded three times! Everyone was screaming and running out of the club soaking wet (including myself) and needless to say, there was no second set in order to save our lives. It was intense!! Of course, Jeff did find time amidst the chaos to get us cool t-shirts, though. I mean, you hear about transformers exploding, but you don't see it. And we saw the flames three times!

The other exciting thing that happened this past weekend was that Jeff and Jon Jensen (ya'll remember the best man right?) and I were in Miami yesterday and the boys decided we should do something different: going to a timeshare presentation in order to get a free boat cruise around Biscayne Bay. That's right...I spent my glorious Sunday afternoon discussing pre-constructed timeshares in Orlando just to see a glimpse of Shaq's house on the water. Jon took some pics on the boat and I'll post those when I get a chance. Check out his website (new link) b/c he's super talented, too.

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Brooke, I love you and thanks for calling last night! Have a great day! Go Hamsters!

Laura said...

I like that you put "flames" in orange - it was only THEN that I realized how INTENSE the experience was! Waiting to see pictures of the glorious Miami coastline, to enjoy 3-5 inches of sand instead of snow!

Laura said...

I got your letter - YESSSSS!!!

Chad and Allison Nicholson said...

Hey, I've been to Biscayne Bay...went on a night cruise too... if you haven't heard the story...I'll fill you in one day. Let me just say, White Russian.

Anonymous said...

You need to update your pictures. I understand you just got back from a trip. Love Mom