Thanksgiving 2013....Bringing Back the Kids Table!















Thanksgiving was a big warm fuzzy this year.  It's been keeping me toasty for the whole holiday season in fact.  We had a full house, err....block down at the Tyndell-ville Mint Hill Cul-de-Sac.  Mom A and Drew and Rhiannon and Rufus were staying with us, which just made the whole scene seem so lovely with a full house.  Drew and I have been determined, as proud former supporters of the Thanksgiving Kids Table, to bring it back.  We hadn't had a big Tyndell family Thanksgiving in a number of years with all of us being spread out, so this was really the first time since maybe even 2006 or 2007 I think that we had all gotten together.  We spent the day cooking in lazy fashion, drinking wine, snacking, and watching the parade until it was time to eat a late lunch.  We literally walked the food over to my parents' house next door where Mom T had setup lovely tables (including a Kids Table, which ironically I got booted from - I guess once you have kids, you are not allowed at the Kids Table.  Blast!  I can't win) and we joined hands in thanks and feasted!  It was so delicious - and of course Mom T's dressing is a whole category of food unto itself.  Drew and Rhiannon shared their vegetarian roast with me too and it was also delicious.  Not sure why I've never tried them before except that the sides are usually so numerous that I don't need anything else.  After our stomachs settled and the dishes were done and the kids and men (haha!  come on...it's true) were sleeping, we woke up to leftover snacks and watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, which always seems to officially say, "Now it's Christmas!"  Jeff and I feel very passionately about not decorating or listening to Christmas music until the movie is over.  It was a perfect day.  Love my family and love that we got to spend so much time together for Thanksgiving.  AHHHHHH.....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures.

Aunt Dee