| Well - we made it! Silas turned ONE! I am in both relief and disbelief of that fact. The first year is so hard but yet so wonderful but regardless - I never get sad seeing the kids grow up - I love every minute and it gets better and better. Anyway - we had a very nice celebratory weekend filled with family and close friends. The celebration started on Friday, August 23rd - Silas' actual birthday and we had dinner at my parents' house and he had his first taste of Gigi's cake (ha - poor kid had gluten free on his first go!) and he definitely loved it. Let's face it - Silas loves to eat! Mom A was in town for the affair as well which was wonderful! The next day we hosted a party at our place a la Monster's Inc., or "Mike Wazowski style," since that has been Silas' favorite toy the past year. It was so nice to hang out (the weather was beautiful), eat, and watch Silas rip into some presents. He seemed to really enjoy the attention, food, and cake. Silas got some great presents too - a couple of wonderful push/rider toys (thanks Aunt Debbie, Uncle Chris, Kaitlyn, and Matthew - you were there in spirit! and Uncle Jerry and Aunt Alice and Mom and Dad T!). Him and Tyndell are both enjoying racing around the house, actually! He also got some legos, several toy cars and a car/town road rug to play with them on (thanks so much PT and AT!), some awesome clothes (thanks to Sarah, Nick, and Mary!), and a firetruck (thanks Hudsons!). He loves some toys and I promise they are played with constantly. Special thanks to my brother who took some of the most precious pictures which I added on the end here - I am so thankful for these moments captured. I'm so sorry if I have missed any thank you's here. We are so blessed to be surrounded by so much love here and celebrate together. It really does mean a ton to us! NOTE: I cannot believe it's taken me a month to post these but I've been having camera issues (meaning - getting them off cards, downloading, and charging batteries timely) and also life just got very busy - more news to come but our newest distraction is that we are buying a house! HOORAY!!!! |
Happy FIRST Birthday to Silas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Great pictures. I enjoyed them all.
Aunt Dee
Post a Comment