Adjustment....Bits + Pieces


















I realize an update is needed and this isn't a very detailed one, but we're just getting into a little routine since the move to Charlotte and remembering to use the camera more often.  Moving went really really well - probably as good as could be expected and we unpacked within a couple of days and have been back to work and school now for 2 weeks.  Thank goodness for an extra weekend day this Memorial Day weekend to rest and be lazy sink into our "new home" with normal weekend things - things like waffles on Saturday mornings (yay for my new Mother's Day gift of a Belgium Waffle Maker which I love!), coffee drinking, movies on the couch, sounds of dogs sleeping (the dogs actually rest here instead of pacing around!), visiting with great friends, and the welcome of the start of summer (read:  watermelon eating).  Here are some bits and pieces from the car drive up from Florida, moving in, going through Tyndell's old clothes (and seeing what could be applicable for Captain Baby Boy...to which, Tyndell discovered her very first Halloween costume and reclaimed it, though it's way too small for her), and some hanging out shots from this past weekend when Greg and Suzi and their precious girls, Katie and Julia, were in town visiting family and hung out with us.  I wish I could share more moments from the last two weeks, but unfortunately, I didn't take too many pictures but we've had lots of love pouring out up here too - visits from Allison and Chad and Rigby, going to a family Mother's Day lunch and seeing cousins and extended family, a visit from Elizabeth and J and their sweet James and Gracie, a visit from Jeff's parents, going to the Dave Matthews show, and a visit from Jackie and her girls - Sabria and Elizabeth.  So much support for a new place...wow.

Hoping now that we are slowly learning the roads around and getting used to our new schedule that we can start being a little more productive towards the getting ready for baby front and enjoying this pregnancy, which unfortunately, we haven't been able to pay much attention to or think about planning.  I did find a midwife this past week!  Hooray!  So that's step one.  We're thinking about everyone back in Florida tons, but just in the short time we've been here, we both know and have talked about how we know this was the right decision.  Maybe it's that we're all sleeping better.  Maybe it's that there's been some really great work opportunities already since being here in our new offices.  Maybe it's the peace sitting on our big back porch staring at the "green wall," as Jeff called it today (all the tall trees).  Maybe it's cheaper restaurant bills for dinner.  Maybe it's having the option of commuting together and spending more time together as a family when schedule permits.  Maybe it's that Jeff and I can meet for lunch during the week and still get back to our respective offices in 45 minutes.  The other good news is that it looks like our house in Florida, which we had to short sale, to make this relocation work, may be closing soon in a couple of weeks so that will be one less thing to think about.  I don't know what it is but some of these things make us smile for sure.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Oh, Brooke - what a sweet post. So glad to hear an update and wow - I really just feel happy reading this. Nothing else to say but that!

Aunt Dee said...

Glad everything went well for you with the move. I've been waiting for pictures of the new place. The house is beautiful and has a large backyard. Good luck with everything.

Donald Garber said...

Wow! A two-car garage, a huge deck for cookouts, a mini-hill for sleigh riding & 20+ feet on either side to the nearest neighbor!!!! :-D I'm glad your move went well & can't wait to visit you guys sometime soon.