Easter Weekend





























I LOVE Easter - it might be my favorite holiday after Thanksgiving actually. I love everything about it: the energetic feeling from the reminder of what Jesus did, celebratory church services with songs, the recognition of springtime, lilies and flowers, family and friend gatherings, feasting, egg hunts, and of course - the candy (Easter candy is by far the BEST of all the holiday candies)!


The weekend started with a beach day on Friday since schools were closed so Tammy and the kids, Samantha and Max, and Kaitlyn and Bailey and Tyndell and I all hung out for a few hours on the beach, relaxing and getting sandy! Then that evening, we had our whole Pizza Night gang over and did an Egg Decorating/Hunt Pizza Night, which was a total blast. My favorite moments from the night were: the fact that the egg decorating reflected the majority of girls in our Pizza Night crew - most of the decorated ones from the kids were pink and purple with glitter, Bryan and I debating whether dunking the egg in hot water or using a hair dryer was the best means to get the egg wrap-a-rounds the smoothest, seeing Tyndell understand Egg Hunts for the first time and get so excited to find each one, Tyndell abandoning the actual hunt when she figured out that some of the eggs had chocolate inside, Kaitlyn and I realizing that adding vinegar to the egg dye REALLY does make the colors brighter and better and talking smack about the non-vinegar dyes haha, Hiding the eggs in our newly reclaimed front yard garden amongs the new flowers that Jeff has been working so hard to water the last two weeks, Kaitlyn's baked brie appetizer and our late night slumber party on the back patio after it was all over, and of course Awarding Samantha the "Golden Bunny" for finding 27 eggs and Reilly Sue for finding 12 eggs in their respective kid categories!


Anyway - needless to say, it was a great night! The next morning, Jeff, myself, Tyndell, Kaitlyn, and Bailey all went to the Palm Beach Zoo to hang out and we saw a sloth close up and caught both animal shows (this has never happened EVER on our visits). Isn't Jeff precious holding both Bailey and Tyndell? Then Jeff, Tyndell, and I had a lazy Saturday night together and watched "The Princess and the Frog" until we all fell asleep. On Sunday, we went to church which was an awesome service of music especially and then went to my parent's house for lunch. They made so much food and we definitely feasted with them and their friends, Rosemary and Harry, and I brought the strawberry trifle for desert! We rehid eggs in their yard and Tyndell had a good time finding them all over again. After naptime, it became pool time and marked our initiation of their pool for the year....I'm still holding out for warmer pool temperatures though to really enjoy myself haha.


Hope everyone had a fantastic Easter weekend with friends and family like we did and really felt the true meaning....and I can only hope we keep that energetic feeling moving forward all year long in our thoughts and prayers and actions.

0 comments: