Here Comes Bailey!







Our dear friends, Kaitlyn and Drew (see Rhonehouses blog link at the right), are expecting their little boy, Bailey, to arrive this coming August, and we threw them a baby shower last weekend at our house. Kaitlyn is one of the other staff engineers at Jeff's office, so we've been getting to know them ever since they started working together and we are so excited to meet Bailey very soon. It was so fun to put this together for Kaitlyn and Drew because I wanted to make it "green-themed," i.e. as eco-friendly as possible, b/c Kaitlyn is very passionate about the environment, like Jeff and I (she is cool like that). We had plates and forks made from grass, not petroleum; grass-fed beef burgers and organic chicken dogs; organic dips, chips, fruit salad, macaroni and cheese, and carrot cupcakes (found a great and slightly different yummy recipe at http://www.cupcakeproject.com/2010/04/carrot-cake-cupcakes-unforgettably.html if you are interested - I just replaced all the ingredients with organic versions); and encouraged no or little wrapping paper for gifts. I think it was a great and relaxing time had by all (even Madelyn found some time to chill in T-dogg's chair!)! The funny thing is that Kaitlyn and Drew are now the proud owners of 3 Bumbos! Thank goodness for gift receipts...Anyway, Bailey - we cannot wait to meet you! Congratulations Kaitlyn and Drew!

0 comments: