Storm Season is On!


August is about the time we have to start worrying about tropical storms in Florida and this week's activities are right on time. Even though hurricane season starts in May, there's usually not much going on until now. I was just remembering how this week last year was when Tropical Storm Faye hit and everyone made it out to be no big deal b/c it wasn't rated as a hurricane but it did a lot of damage. So - that storm taught me my lesson last year since I got in a car wreck. You can guarantee one of the first things I will be doing each day from now til November is to check the NOAA website for updates. I'll try not to be too obsessed, but I am sort of fascinated by weather at the same time.

Other than that - not much is going on. We had my parents visiting last week so I'll try to find some fun photos to post of that, but it was pretty uneventful - I was sick most of the week actually which I felt bad about (I lost my voice AND got pinkeye) but thankfully my supermom was here to take care of Tyndell so that I didn't touch her too much. Ugh - that is literally the worst part of being sick now - trying not to hang out with your own kid too much b/c you know it's best for them. With Tyndell putting her hands in her mouth every five seconds, it's best to keep her away from myself or anyone else that could pass on germs at any given time. But we are well again and getting back on schedule this week. But seriously - thanks so much to my parents for coming down and helping out while Tyndell's school was closed all week. They amaze me more each day!

1 comments:

Laura said...

Notice the name of one of the tropical storms - when I told Ana that a storm was named after her, she smiled and seemed very proud. Ha ha. Are you better yet? How is sweet baby Tyndell - and I know you are just so happy your mom is there. Awesome. Love you!