We just got back home from spending a week in SC at Mom and Dad Tyndell's house in SC. It was a great week of relaxing (and eating). We started off the week going to the Clemson vs. Boston College game (notice the picture of the most exciting 25 seconds in college football) - we lost, but Clemson made a valient effort and it was a real nail biter! I even got to see my friend, Ashlee, for a bit before the game started. The next day was Judy's birthday so with the whole family in town, we had a nice lunch in Clemson, and I got to take a few nice pics of everyone by the lake at the Madren Center. We walked over to the area where my brick on campus was located too - I had never seen it before in person. Jeff and I also got to hang out with some G-Vegas friends for a nite of good times - Allison and Chad hosted with Olivia and Matt and Jackie and Wari in tow. It was so good to see everyone. We also made a day trip over to Dillard and Sky Valley, GA (and ate at the Dillard House - yum, yum!), where Jeff and I got married in 2003, so I got a fun pic of the chapel and ski lodge where the festivities were held. We found out that they are actually going to tear down the lodge and build a new one, so I had to get a picture of Jeff next to the bear carving in the reception room. Our great family friend, Cher, came into town for a few days too, so I got her and Mom laughing inside by the tree in the lodge too. We will definitely miss that place! Aside from wedding memories, I grew up going to parties there and my parents skiied and played golf in the valley. The pups also had fun resting as you can see! Karma liked sleeping on top of whoever was siting on the couch, and Zen enjoyed the love seat to herself. Spoiled rotten animals....
I just love Thanksgiving - it's probably my favorite time of year of all. Mainly b/c it's all about family and food and not about presents or rushing around or anything material. Everyone is on the same level just enjoying the time together. It reminds me of Ramadan or similar Muslim holidays in a way b/c they are so much about family and staying focused on the important things. We've been realizing how truly thankful we are - we have a lot of great things going on in life right now.
2 comments:
Go Tigers! I haven't been to the Dillard House in years! Thanks for the reminder! We'll have to do that very soon.
Man, one of those pics above makes me want to play Yahtzee. Really, really bad.
Post a Comment