Tree Removal Update





We finally got the stump removed from the large olive tree that we took down a few weeks ago in the front yard. The machine that does it is the coolest - it's this remote controlled grinder called the Beaver, so I had to take a picture of it. It literally grinds the whole thing down in like 20 minutes. Awesome.

One thing I forgot to share when we took the tree down is that there was this huge staghorn fern that was growing off the trunk and losing the tree meant losing that fern, which was gorgeous. Well - we tore off pieces of it and wired it to a tree in the backyard and it is actually taking and has some new growth on it - hooray! Also, when we took the fern out, we discovered several bromeliads that were growing in the tree too. So we just stuck them in the ground to see if they would survive and when we got back from NJ yesterday, I discovered a beautiful flower growing from them - so they are also living. Hooray for transplant survivals!

0 comments: