
" Tege" means peanut and "tegedege" means peanut butter and "na" means sauce, SO peanut butter sauce! It was one of our Malian favorites. We decided to have Malian night at our house one day with our neighbors. When Jeff would make it in Mali, it was so good that everyone called it "tegedaoudana" instead. Jeff's Malian name was Daouda so it was like "Jeff's peanut sauce."
The rule is that Jeff cooks the sauce and I cook the rice. It's dangerous to cook in our house b/c the pups will lay right behind you and try to make you fall down and trip. I'm very accident prone SO this is probably going to happen one day.

These are our neighbors, Beth and Brennan, who humored our Malian outfits while eating Jeff's famous peanut butter sauce on rice, or tegedegena [say it like tiga-diga-na]. Jeff and Brennan had the super dressy outfits. Beth and I went more casual.
An ka voisins, Beth ni Brennan, don. U na na an ka so ka tegedegena dun an fe. An ye feti fitini ke an ka sokono walasa ka Mali feti kalan.
0 comments:
Post a Comment