A New Side Garden and a Plug Update
























We did some yardwork this past weekend (it's the most exciting thing we've been doing lately), so I thought I would update everyone on the recent gardening...we're especially excited about the new banana tree and the grass plugs almost completely grown in! Also notice the HUGE bare spot in the grass by the new side garden...yeah, that's the ugly spot where there used to be a HUGE pile of rocks, soon to be covered by sod. I am hoping that these flowers on the side like lots of sun (does anyone know? roses, salvida, and hibiscus?) since that's what they get. We have recently learned that cucumbers don't do so good here--too dry, so that plant got replaced with two new pepper plants. Ah, it's a work in progress.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Garden and grass look awesome. You two have done a terrific job. What a difference. Keep up the good work.

Love ya,
Mom A

J & Elizabeth said...

Your yard looks great! All the hard work pays off, promise.

Laura said...

The Toby plant (the one we planted in honor of Toby passing on) was a Hibiscus, and it liked sun - unfortunately when it got cold it died, much like its namesake...:( Yours will prob live forever since you live in the perfect climate! :)

Chad and Allison Nicholson said...

your growing grass is an inspiration for me...as I spent much of my 4th "plugging" our yard...I'm pretty much over the whole yardwork thing...........