Earth Day - South Florida Green Drinks Style!








Something I am really proud of lately is the nonprofit group that I volunteer with on their Board of Directors, South Florida Green Drinks. We just organized a fantastic Earth Day event (check out the title link for an article in the local newspaper) that happened last month, celebrating how our eco-passions can be fueled into a greater cause: the greener rebuilding of Haiti. We partnered with two other organizations to raise money for their Haiti projects and had a great turnout and it was such a fun night. I'm really proud to be part of this group and help to pull the green community in South Florida together. Check out some of the cool photos - some are mine, and some I stole from photographers at the event, but I also pasted some links to photos and video below for a better view than I could describe of how the night went:
Some Event Photos: www.ugotclicked.com
Also - I completely admit that meeting Lauren Bush (niece of George W), who started the FEED program (http://www.feedprojects.org/) was the highlight for me - she was one of the nicest, sweetest people ever. Definitely the best Bush of them all! Thanks to everyone to helped with this effort, especially the Board members and all the sponsors!

0 comments: