New Favorite Hobby




Some of you may know about an issue that Jeff has....he is an iphone application whore! He loves applications and tells me about them all the time and most of the time, I admittingly fade out mentally listening to him. He will sometimes even wake me up in the mornings saying things like,"I found a great app last night! This one will...." (What happened to Good Morning!?). So you can imagine my skepticism when he told me about his new "Roadside USA" App, thinking that it would be a fading interest like all the others. BUT - I was completely wrong (sorry my love)! This is a really good one and we are turning it into our new favorite hobby actually! This App identifies all the nearby Obscure tourist attractions and it is simply hilarious and fabulous. Think "the Peachoid" or "South of the Border" for you South Carolinians out there! Anyway - we have decided that we are going to go find as many of them listed in the App as possible wherever we go.
Our first obscure tourist attraction and the closest one to our house was the Barefoot Mailman statue at Hillsboro Beach, FL. This is honestly one of the coolest statues I've ever seen - I mean, barefoot man, mail bag, AND a machete?! Does it get any cooler?! Apparantly, there used to be 11 mailmen that walked up and down the beach between West Palm Beach and Miami and this statue is a rememberance of them (see title link for more information - cool story actually). Anyway - here a few pictures of our visit this past Valentines' Day (yes - I'm just now posting this and yes this is exactly how we like to spend our VD haha).

0 comments: