Farewell Monty - Hello Silvio!


Well - sniff, sniff - the time has come to say goodbye to my sweet Monty boy, my Montero Sport. It's been coming for a while since Monty's not getting any younger, but Jeff and I bought a new car for me last night - a Prius to be dubbed Silvio! I'm very excited - it will cut our monthly gas bill by a whole lot so that is great! I get to pick it up from the dealer this Thursday! I haven't driven anything but a truck or SUV in a long time, but it's long overdue to walk the walk a little more. Plus, it actually has a ton of space, so I can still carry the pups and make the weekend trips to "the Deep" aka Home Depo just as productive. haha. It's so strange to get a new car - you actually bond with a car over several years and come to know each other, create memories together, and....alright, maybe I'm being dramatic, but Monty was the first car ever that I bought, so this is a big deal. Here are my favorite Monty moments that maybe some of you may remember:

1. Putting the 700 lb armoir on top from SC all the way back to FL!
2. Driving to the Spielhaus with Jeff and Danny screaming "HAUS!" in my ears over and over
3. Jam packing it out on the way to Madison and Chicago to see Galactic and String Cheese for a weekend - some of you may know that this is the weekend that started it all....
4. Driving home from Greenville with my Mom after she helped me make my first adult purchase!
5. The scars, i.e. random stains, from those late night DD moments from Taco Bell to Mallard Drive - you know who you are

Goodbye Monty! It's been a great seven years together! Welcome to the family, Silvio!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Now, let's not forget dear "Smokey" in all this emotion over Monty. I will be looking forward to pictures of "SEEEELVEEE-OH!" (said with Nacho Libre style accent)

Jon said...

Congrats on the new ride! Lookin' forward to pics too...

Jackie said...

I know what you mean about the bond. I miss the QX4. I felt guilty about putting it out to the big metal pasture in the sky...oh that didn't make any sense now did it. Btw, what adult purchase? Do I know this story?