A Peek into Work


















So...these are my nerdy new pictures I just got showing the C-44 Test Cells! This is a pilot project that I am involved in at work--we built mini-versions of two reservoirs (big pools of water) and two STAs (small pools of water with plants that you can see in the top photo--no! not the one with me in rubber boots! the other one!). STA is a fancy schmancy word for treatment wetland. Next summer, we begin building the big version of a reservoir and STA on 12,000 acres. This pilot project is on 475 acres. We are looking at constructability issues out at the test cell site and doing lots of monitoring of water quality, seepage, algae (yes--I get to use a row boat in the big pool of water), and plant growth. So anyway, it's just a peek into my nerdy life and proof that every once in a while I DO get to go outside and miss my computer screen. The link on the title above takes you to the project webpage if you're interested.

4 comments:

Matt&Liv said...

It's so flat there!! LOL I think your job is so cool Brooke!

Jackie said...

I like how you put yourself IN the square. I also like your galoshes!!!

JLW said...

Wow, this is so cool! What an awesome job!

Laura said...

Me gusta....mucho. Just catching up on your site - it has been a while since I have had time to sit down and preruse/peruse/??sp?? Looks like everyone is healthy and happy. DO YOU REALIZE THAT WE SEE EACHOTHER IN BASICALLY 2 WEEKS???? Did you get someone to confirm picking you up yet?